Is this the end of single-game betting prohibition in Canada? Let’s find out with STATSCORE’s fresh Review!
- Single-game betting bill passed in Canada
- Chinese brands use Euro 2020 sponsorship to reach new customers in Europe
- Which MLB teams should go shopping?
- Who are the Euro 2020 favorites?
- Spanish government to let fans back into venues
Single-game betting bill passed in Canada
The prohibition on single-event sports betting in Canada is just about over!
Canadian Senate has passed Bill C-218 which legalizes betting on single sports games. It now awaits royal assent to be enacted law.
The legislation legalizing single-game sports betting has been embraced by the biggest Canadian sports organizations, including the Canadian Football League, and the National Hockey League. Read more
Chinese brands use Euro 2020 sponsorship to reach new customers in Europe
Chinese companies, Hisense and Alibaba-affiliate Alipay, became sponsors for the European football championships in a bid to boost their presence overseas.
What are the key goals they’re looking to achieve? “Chinese brands do not use football only for local marketing (selling their products to Chinese consumers), but also to open up new markets, especially in Europe,” says Pierre Justo of consulting firm Kantar. Read more
Which MLB teams should go shopping?
With MLB regular season almost halfway through its schedule, which franchises should be looking for reinforcements?
Cubs? Astros? Rays? FiveThirtyEight has got a special metric dedicated to finding out which teams should go shopping for new players. Read more
Who are the Euro 2020 favorites?
After an interesting group stage of the competition, it’s now time for the knockout part of the tournament.
Strong Italy, star-packed Belgium, impressive Denmark – who’s going to win it? Here’s a power ranking for the remaining part of the competition! Read more
Spanish government to let fans back into venues
Spain’s Health Minister, Carolina Darias, has said that sports fans will be allowed to come back to the venues next season.
LaLiga and Liga ACB basketball arenas will be open for fans when their 2021-22 seasons start. Supporters were not able to attend La Liga games for the majority of last season due to restrictions related to the COVID-19 outbreak. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).