If it’s Monday, it’s time for the fresh Betting Industry Review from STATSCORE! Let’s go!
- Florida House approves sports betting
- Dutch federation says women and men allowed to play together
- Is it time to get into esports betting?
- DAZN to offer UTS events across Canada and Japan
- NBA regular season is over. Who are the stats leaders?
Florida House approves sports betting
Florida is close to becoming the latest US state to legalize mobile sports betting, as legislators approved the biggest tribal casino revenue-share deal in America.
The Seminole tribe will have exclusivity on mobile sports betting, craps, and roulette, none of which were previously legal in the state.
“I believe this is a good deal. I believe this is a great deal, actually,” said Republican Sen. Travis Hutson. “This compact is going to bring in billions of dollars that we can use however we want to, either to plug budget holes, or to work on education, or health care, or more resiliency, or more septic to sewer, or making our beaches ready for hurricanes.” Read more
Dutch federation says women and men allowed to play together
Previously, when women reached the age of 18 years old, they were unable to continue playing alongside their male teammates.
“We want girls and women to find a suitable place in the football landscape based on their qualities and own ambitions,” KNVB director of amateur football Jan Dirk van der Zee said. “Mixed football has so far been possible in the entire youth in the Netherlands.” Read more
Is it time to get into esports betting?
The esports market reached $1bn in revenue last year. Will its explosion continue after the pandemic?
When the COVID pandemic halted traditional sports competitions all over the world, fans and bettors’ attention was redirected to esports. Now many operators wonder if this fresh trend is worth pursuing. Read more
DAZN to offer UTS events across Canada and Japan
Global sports streaming platform DAZN has secured a deal with Ultimate Tennis Showdown (UTS) that will allow it to offer live and on-demand broadcasts of the event for the first time.
“We’re pleased to partner with DAZN, one of the world-leading platforms for live and on-demand streaming, in Japan and Canada. UTS is offering something new, fresh, and different – just like DAZN – and we wish to reach out to the largest possible audience” commented Patrick Mouratoglou, Founder of the UTS.
UTS is an international individual tennis league first played in 2020. DAZN and UTS will offer live content, exclusive team news, insights, and analysis. Read more
NBA regular season is over. Who are the stats leaders?
Yes, it’s time for the playoffs in the NBA! But first, let’s take a look back at players who were the stats leaders in the 2020-21 season.
Points, rebounds, assists, minutes played… Here come the leaders of the 2020/2021 regular season! Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).