Sports betting in the US keeps breaking records, the iconic Staples Center will be rebranded, and… who are the favourites to win the World Cup 2022? Here’s the fresh STATSCORE’s Review!
- Sports betting in the US keeps breaking records!
- France and England among World Cup 2022 favourites
- IMG ARENA extends streaming deal with STS, Poland’s largest bookmakers
- NBA brought closer to fans with personalized streaming service
- Staples Center to be renamed Crypto.com Arena
Sports betting in the US keeps breaking records!
New Jersey’s sports betting industry set a national record in October for the largest amount of bets taken in a single month, totalling over $1.3 billion.
Now, when New York State is launching its own mobile betting system, the numbers are expected to go up even more!
“Sports betting has swelled with the start of the NFL season, and realized another month of over $1 billion in handle,” said Jane Bokunewicz, director of the Lloyd Levenson Institute at Stockton University. “October 2021’s record sports wagering handle proves that September was not a flash in the pan, but rather the first sign of a new level of sports betting participation, at least during the NFL season.” Learn more
France and England among World Cup 2022 favourites
With about a half of the 32 qualifiers now confirmed, first Power Rankings are being published. Let’s take a look at the favourites!
European teams lead the pack when it comes to picking the probable winners of the competition. France, England, Germany and Spain take the first four places in the GOAL’s ranking. Meanwhile, Portugal and Italy will need to try to qualify through the play-offs. Read more
IMG ARENA extends streaming deal with STS, Poland’s largest bookmaker
The partnership allows STS’s customers to stream events from IMG ARENA’s portfolio of the live sport when placing a bet.
Mateusz Juroszek, the Chairman of STS, said:” We are committed to offering our players a best-in-class experience and constantly looking to develop our platform. Extending our relationship with IMG ARENA and increasing the number of events we stream is a key part of this innovation strategy. “ Read more
NBA brought closer to fans with personalized streaming service
NBA broadcasts tailored to specific fans’ expectations, ability to listen to one’s favourite commentator, or to switch to one’s preferred camera angles – is this the future of the world’s top basketball league?
The NBA’s new groundbreaking platform is going to use artificial intelligence to enhance the game-viewing experience. Its goal is to bring the game even closer to fans, from virtual ads to biometrics. Read more
Staples Center to be renamed Crypto.com Arena
The Staples Center, the iconic home of the Los Angeles Lakers and other pro sports teams, has announced it will rebrand as Crypto.com Arena.
The 20-year agreement will be worth $700 million. The name change will take effect on Christmas Day when the Lakers host the Brooklyn Nets.
Crypto.com has seen substantial growth recently. The platform launched in 2016 and surpassed 1 million users in September 2019. It now boasts about10 million users. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).