Champions League comes back in August, and the NBA is looking for ways to brings some noise to the games. Check all the hot news from the world of sports and betting. Here’s STATSCORE‘s review!
LaLiga’s international audience jumps by 48% after season’s resumption
Spanish top-flight’s international viewership figures have soared by nearly 50% after the coronavirus break, according to data from Nielsen Sports.
Viewing audiences rose by 72% in Asia, while growing by 56% in Europe (the greatest spike came from Belgium, which had cancelled its league’s season due to the pandemic).
The data also shows an increase in Spanish viewers of over 12% during the first matchday after restart compared to those before LaLiga had to be suspended. Read more
How does the betting market react to Premier League comeback?
Premier League finally resumed its season. What has been the reaction of the market?
Bettors are likely to be more cautious after top leagues’ comebacks, and factors such as empty stadiums are likely to play a significant role.
Bundesliga’s restart brought some surprising outcomes, but what about the Premier League? Read more
NBA looking for ways to get some crowd noise
As the NBA is getting ready for a restart in Florida, the debate is going on about ambient noise or artificial sound for the games.
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said that the league would be experimenting with various ways of introducing sound to the fan-free games.
One of the options may be an app that would allow fans to… broadcast the noise they’re making at home to the games. Read more
Champions League will be back in August
UEFA has officially confirmed that the current seasons of the Champions League and Europa League will be completed in the form of mini-tournaments.
Champions League games will be held in Lisbon – at the Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica and the Estádio José Alvalade between 12 and 23 August 2020.
Europa League matches will be hosted by four German cities: in Cologne, Duisburg, Düsseldorf and Gelsenkirchen. Read more
NFL needs “bubble” format, says Dr Fauci
Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a prominent member of the White House coronavirus task force, says that the NFL should emulate plans by the NBA and MLS for a “bubble” format.
Unless players are essentially in a bubble – insulated from the community and they are tested nearly every day – it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall, Fauci told CNN. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).