Major League Cricket launches in the US, Juventus withdraws from ESL, and Entain’s acquisition of STS is approved – here’s STATSCORE’s fresh Review!
- Major League Cricket launched in the US
- Inter Milan announces €20m per season Paramount+ shirt sponsorship deal
- Juventus begins process of withdrawing from European Super League
- Entain gets approval for £750m acquisition of STS Group
- WNBA midseason viewership goes up 46%
Major League Cricket launched in the US
In the opening match held in Dallas, the Texas Super Kings beat the Los Angeles Knight Riders with an impressive 69-run victory.
Liam Plunkett, the former England fast bowler is highly optimistic about the future of Major League Cricket (MLC). He predicts that the league has the potential to emerge as a major force in the cricketing world, trailing closely behind the prestigious Indian Premier League (IPL). It can be right up there just behind the IPL – he said.
MLC, the newly-formed T20 cricket league in the United States, features six teams – MI New York, Texas Super Kings, Los Angeles Knight Riders, Seattle Orcas, San Francisco Unicorns, and Washington Freedom. The league aims to captivate cricket fans and elevate the sport’s popularity in the United States. Read more
Inter Milan announces €20m per season Paramount+ shirt sponsorship deal
Inter Milan has officially confirmed a lucrative shirt sponsorship agreement with streaming service Paramount+.
The deal, valued at €20 million per season, will see the Paramount+ logo displayed on the front of jerseys worn by Inter’s men’s, women’s, and under-19 teams throughout the upcoming 2023/24 season.
Meanwhile, another Serie A team Napoli have announced MSC Cruises will be their new front-of-shirt sponsor.
Inter’s local rivals AC Milan have also extended their partnership with automotive brand BMW. Read more
Juventus begins process of withdrawing from European Super League
The Italian club has announced its decision to initiate the procedure of pulling out from the controversial European Super League (ESL) project.
Juventus has revealed that discussions had commenced with the remaining clubs in the project, Real Madrid and Barcelona, regarding their exit strategy.
“Following such discussions, and given the existing discrepancies on the interpretation of the relevant contractual terms applicable to the Super League Project, Juventus confirms that it has initiated the procedure to exit,” the club said.
Entain gets approval for £750m acquisition of STS Group
Entain Plc, the FTSE100 gambling group, has received antitrust approval to go on with its £750 million acquisition of STS Group, Poland’s largest betting group.
The announcement was made by Entain, who informed investors that Poland’s Office of Competition and Consumer Protection has expressed satisfaction with the conditions of its tender to acquire STS Holdings, which is listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
Given that the STS Group holds a majority share of over 51% in Poland’s sports betting market, obtaining antitrust authorization from the Polish government was crucial for the deal to go on. Read more
WNBA midseason viewership goes up 46%
The WNBA has witnessed a large surge in viewership on ESPN platforms during the ongoing season, with an average of 546,000 viewers per game across 13 games.
ESPN announced on Wednesday that this midseason average represents a substantial 46% increase in WNBA viewership compared to the same period in 2022.
Moreover, ABC, another Disney-owned network, has experienced a notable rise in viewership, with an average of 647,000 viewers across eight WNBA broadcasts this season. Read more
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in STATSCORE. You can do it by filling out the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Katowice 40-012 at ul. Dworcowa 2 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).