If it’s Monday then it’s time for STATSCORE‘s roundup of betting industry news. Let’s go!
UK betting shops reopen today!
A ray of optimism is arriving from the UK, where betting shops are allowed to reopen today.
A number of establishments are allowed to reopen today in the UK, including betting shops which were closed nearly three months ago to slow down the spread of the coronavirus.
It’s happening right in time for bettors looking forward to the Royal Ascot and the Premier League restart. Read more
Niche sports hit hard by pandemic
Canoeing, triathlon, ski mountaineering … COVID-19 has badly impacted niche disciplines too.
The coronavirus crisis has hit the careers of a vast majority of high-level athletes competing in all kinds of sports disciplines.
The lockdown restrictions have forced many of them to rethink and redefine their goals for the future. Read more
Bettors’ attitudes may change due to growing uncertainty
Will the pandemic change the bettors’ attitude to long-term futures bets?
Futures wagers, which typically depend on a complete season of a competition being played, may be impacted by the uncertainty regarding possible future suspensions of sports leagues. Read more
If season suspended again, Serie A will use an algorithm
If it’s impossible to complete the Serie A season, the final positions will be decided by… an algorithm.
Serie A, Italy’s top flight, will resume its season on Saturday, though it can’t be guaranteed that the competition won’t have to be suspended again.
In such an event, the league will have its final positions decided by a special algorithm. Read more
NFL and MLS allow players to kneel
It seems that major American leagues will win some new fans, and lose some old ones as a result of their decisions to allow players to kneel during the national anthem.
NFL and MLS will allow players to kneel during the anthem, so Donald Trump won’t be watching. Read more
How about other fans and viewers? It seems that this decision will help the leagues to attract some new supporters! Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).