Will legal sports betting help New York State rebuild its revenue? Will Tokyo Games athletes get vaccinated before the event, and will it actually take place? Let’s find out more with STATSCORE‘s fresh Review!
- Sports betting to help New York rebuild from COVID-19 crisis
- Will the Tokyo Games go ahead? IOC seeks vaccines for athletes
- NBA postpones Paris games but stays focused on European footprint
- Italian casinos saw a drop in revenues of €103m
- Who are the 2020 NFL regular-season stats leaders?
Will New York State embrace mobile sports wagering. After years of refuting the idea of legalization, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo seems to have changed his mind on the subject.
“New York has the potential to be the largest sports wagering market in the United States, and by legalizing online sports betting we aim to keep millions of dollars in tax revenue here at home, which will only strengthen our ability to rebuild from the COVID-19 crisis, – New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said in a statement to the New York Daily News. Read more
Will the Tokyo Games go ahead? IOC seeks vaccines for athletes
The International Olympic Committee is hoping that athletes from around the world can be vaccinated after key workers and the vulnerable are given the jab. This could allow the Olympic Games to go ahead safely in July.
“Together with the National Olympic Committees, we will make all the efforts so that the NOCs encourage and assist their athletes, their officials and their stakeholders to get vaccinated before they come to Japan,” the IOC said. Read more
NBA postpones Paris games but stays focused on European footprint
NBA Global Games, which date back to the 1990s, were moved to Paris a year ago after a nine-year spell in London. The 2021 edition will reportedly be postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Despite the pandemic-related issues, George Aivazolglou, the league’s Head of Fan Engagement for Europe and the Middle East, is looking for ways to boost the NBA popularity on the old continent. Read more
Italian casinos saw a drop in revenues of €103m
The Italian casino industry saw a lot of difficulties in 2020, which resulted into a drop in revenues of €103m in the year, compared with 2019 – according to the data from Italian gaming media, Gioco News.
Major challenges to the industry came, of course, from the coronavirus crisis and the lockdowns it caused. Read more
Who are the 2020 NFL regular-season stats leaders?
The 2020 NFL season was certainly one of the strangest ones in the history of the league. Let’s take a look back at the names that marked the NFL’s statistical leaderboards.
League’s legends (Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady), talented young players (Patrick Mahomes, Derric Henry), and new stars (Josh Allen, Justin Jefferson) – who had the best statistical records during the 2020 regular season? Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).