Let’s check out the latest developments in the world of sports and betting with STATSCORE‘s fresh review!
- Bolsonaro expected to veto Brazil’s gambling regulation
- Sports betting in Connecticut has begun
- US congresspeople questioned about baseball biggest debates
- NBA 2K League expands into Mexico
- Barcelona financial crisis deepens as LaLiga slashes spending cap
Bolsonaro expected to veto Brazil’s gambling regulation
Jair Bolosnaro, the president of Brazil, has said that he will not accept the proposed legislation aiming at regulating sports betting, casinos, and bingo halls.
Brazilian President said that the measure will not count with the support of the Government to be approved in Congress. And if it moves forward, I will veto the proposal.
In early September, Arthur Lira, president of the chamber of deputies of Brazil, created a task force to prepare regulations regarding sports betting and gambling. Read more
Sports betting in Connecticut has begun
Bettors in Connecticut were able for the first time to place a wager on their favourite sports teams.
The Department of Consumer Protection of the state has approved the relevant licenses of two casinos – Foxwoods Resort Casino and Mohegan Sun.
Sports betting is expected to bring in about $19 million in the first year and $23 million in tax revenue in the second year of the budget. Read more
US congresspeople questioned about baseball biggest debates
The Congressional Baseball Game for Charity is an annual event held each summer by members of the American Congress. This time, the Republicans beat the Democrats 13-12.
FiveThirtyEight used the event as an opportunity to ask politicians about some of the key issues in the MLB – everything from bat flips to bringing the designated hitter to the National League. Read more
NBA 2K League expands into Mexico
The NBA 2K League enters a partnership with DUX Gaming to launch its inaugural expansion into Latin America.
“This is a historic day as we welcome another premier international organization to the NBA 2K League family,” said NBA 2K League president Brendan Donohue.
The league will add the 24th team – the city in Mexico where the franchise will be based will be announced at a later date. Read more
Barcelona financial crisis deepens as LaLiga slashes spending cap
LaLiga has set new limits on squad spending, capping Barcelona’s wage bill at 97.94 million euros.
The bar for operating costs for Barca for the 2021-22 season has been reduced to €97m, which is almost €650m less than rivals Real Madrid, whose limit has been fixed at €739m. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).