The agreement under which STATSCORE has been providing exclusive sports data and statistics for PGNiG Superliga, the top tier of Polish handball, has been extended for another two years.
STATSCORE has been providing exclusive data for the league since the 2017-18 season, and for the Women Superliga since the 2019-20 campaign. The sports data company will remain the only provider that will be allowed to deliver live sports statistics from all the PGNiG Superliga and PGNiG Women Superliga games, with all the data collected directly at the venues.
The data on all the key incidents taking place during the games is collected in real-time by teams of professional STATSCORE Scouts, and is then available in match centres on the pgnig-superliga.pl and superliga.pl websites, in the Superliga mobile app, and as part of TV and online broadcasts of the matches. This allows fans to follow all the developments in real-time through the most accurate and relevant statistics and sports data.
– STATSCORE allows us to be closer to our fans. Thanks to the statistics, the ability to follow games in real-time, and the comprehensive analysis of the matches available to the fans and managers, we’ve got it all at arm’s length. Superliga’s official app is also based on the data collected by STATSCORE. The number of scored goals or defence effectiveness metrics are just some of the data that is delivered directly to the fans, which allows them to access a lot of interesting pieces of data regarding the developments on the court. Moreover, within our agreement, we’re also strongly focusing on the sale of the data to betting business and the media, which allows us to commercialise new business areas for the league – says Piotr Należyty, chairman of PGNiG Superliga.
STATSCORE has developed a dedicated IT system for Superliga, through which data from all the games is collected and processed. The company has exclusive rights to gather, archive, and distribute data from all the games played within both leagues, and to sell them worldwide.
– Thank you for the trust you have put in us, in our work and in the quality of the statistics provided. The extension of the collaboration with Superliga as the official data provider has been one of STATSCORE’s strategic goals for 2021. We see this partnership as a priority, and it’s around this collaboration that we want to continue to develop our offer of sports data collected by scouts from sports facilities. We are convinced that together we can achieve further success – summed up Tomasz Myalski, founder and CEO of STATSCORE.
Want to learn more?
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).