New opportunities for betting industry from machine learning technology, Premier League’s fascinating stats, and a look back at Messi’s career at Barcelona… Here’s STATSCORE‘s fresh Betting Industry Review!
- Teenagers score more goals in the Premier League
- Machine learning offers new opportunities to betting companies
- Fans or no fans? NFL teams have various guidelines
- Messi leaves Barcelona. A look at his career
- Is sports betting coming to Puerto Rico?
Teenagers score more goals in the Premier League
A growing number of goals scored by teenagers and Aymeric Laporte’s importance to Manchester City – here are some interesting stats from the Premier League season.
Teenagers managed to score 25 goals in this campaign of the Premier League, with 12 different scorers. In the previous two seasons, there were only 19 such goals. Let’s take a look at some fascinating stats from the season. Read more
Machine learning offers new opportunities to betting companies
Ball or strike? Hit, walk or out? Each baseball game produces hundreds of plays that people could bet on.
There are about 250,000 at-bats and 900,000 pitches in a full 162-game season, which can give betting companies amazing opportunities in offering millions of bets to their users. But how could such numbers of bets be successfully managed? Will machine-learning-based oddsmaking be a real gamechanger here? Read more
Fans or no fans? NFL teams have various guidelines
As the NFL season approaches, different teams show different attitudes towards allowing fans in their respective stadiums.
Some of the franchises, including New York Jets and NY Giants, won’t be allowed to host any fans at their stadiums, because of the restrictions imposed by local authorities. Many others have been working on plans to allow hosting up to limited capacity (e.g. 20% or 25% seating). Read more
Messi leaves Barcelona. A look at his career
One of the world’s best football players ever, Lionel Messi has decided to leave FC Barcelona after almost 20 years.
Messi will without a doubt go down as the club’s greatest ever star, as he has broken a number of amazing records in his career there. Read more
Is sports betting coming to Puerto Rico?
Public consultations are underway in Puerto Rico regarding regulated online betting and gambling.
Puerto Rico could become the first unincorporated territory of the United States to introduce legal online sports betting.
According to Specter Gaming Group, regulated sports betting and daily fantasy sports could boost Puerto Rico’s economy by generating worth up to $62 million within a year.
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).