Table tennis, darts, and esports – these are the disciplines that betting companies turn to during the coronavirus crisis. Meanwhile, sports fans are so hungry for action that this year’s NFL Draft shattered all records of popularity. Here’s STATSCORE‘s fresh review!
British bookmakers are looking to darts and FIFA tournaments
With major sports suspended or cancelled around the world, bookmakers have to look for new ways of keeping their business up and running.
Apart from table tennis, which turned out to be a real hit in the current situation, sportsbooks are looking for some other unorthodox options. In the UK, betting companies are offering odds on FIFA tournaments and Home Tour Darts, where pro players play at their homes through a video feed. Read more
NFL 2020 Draft shatters betting records
NFL 2020 Draft was the most heavily bet edition of this event ever!
This year’s NFL Draft has shattered betting records. Some American bookmakers estimate that over $30 million was spent!
Sports fans and bettors surely miss live action very much, and sportsbooks are looking to put on their offer anything that might interest them.
This year’s edition of NFL Draft offered them an opportunity to engage fans and bettors who are suffering because of the lack of live sports. Read more
NBA to reopen practice facilities
According to an ESPN report, the NBA plans to reopen team practice facilities on Friday. This will apply to states and areas where local authorities have loosened coronavirus-related restrictions.
The facilities will be open for voluntary individual workouts of players. However, ESPN’s sources say that it will still be prohibited to hold organised team activities.
It is also unclear if and when the league could resume its season. Read more
Regular online gamblers keep gambling during crisis
Regular online gamblers tend to gamble just as often or more frequently during the coronavirus crisis.
According to the findings of a Survation poll, respondents (over 1,000 people) were more likely to have reduced their gambling since the start of the coronavirus outbreak, which has caused the cancellation of major sporting events. However, regular gamblers tend to gamble even more than before. Read more
Tajik League one of the last to announce suspension
Tajikistan League, one of the last football leagues to keep playing, has been suspended.
Tajikistan is one of a handful of countries in the world not to have reported any coronavirus cases. It also had one of the last football leagues to keep playing. However, the country’s football federation had announced that there will be no games until May 10. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).