Kindred Group fined over £7.1m, Lidl named official partner of Euro 2024, Sky Sports and DAZN to broadcast 2023 IPL season. Here’s STATSCORE‘s Review!
- Kindred Group handed £7m fine for AML and social responsibility failures
- Lidl becomes official UEFA Euro 2024 partner
- Tom Brady becomes minority owner of Las Vegas Aces
- How are Ukrainian iGaming businesses dealing during the war?
- Sky Sports and DAZN to broadcast all 74 games of 2023 IPL
Kindred Group handed £7m fine for AML and social responsibility failures
UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) has fined gambling operator Kindred Group with two penalties totalling over £7.1m for social responsibility and anti-money laundering failures.
The operator’s 32Red brand will pay £4.2m of the penalty, while its Unibet brand will be charged the remaining £2.9m.
The regulator ruled that controls at 32Red failed to protect problem gamblers. For example, one user was allowed to deposit £43,000 and lose £36,000 in seven days.
Gambling Commission executive director Kay Roberts said: “These failures highlight clearly that both operators failed to interact with customers in a way which minimises the risk of them experiencing harms associated with gambling.” Learn more
Lidl becomes official UEFA Euro 2024 partner
The German food company became an official partner of UEFA Euro 2024, as well as the European Qualifiers to the tournament.
Jeroen Bal, Divisional Board Member Customer, Lidl International said: ”Just as our products are available to everyone, we want to help make UEFA EURO 2024 an experience for everyone – for example through our Lidl Fan Zones. Numerous Lidl countries will be cheering along, and it’s really something special that the final tournament is being held in the country where Lidl’s history began.”
Lidl joined adidas, Alipay, Atos, Engelbert Strauss and Vivo as official tournament sponsors. Learn more
Tom Brady becomes minority owner of Las Vegas Aces
NFL legend Tom Brady has purchased a minority stake in the Las Vegas Aces, the reigning WNBA champions.
“I have always been a huge fan of women’s sports, and I admire the work that the Aces’ players, staff, and the WNBA continue to do to grow the sport and empower future generations of athletes,” the seven-time Super Bowl champion said in a statement.“To be able to contribute in any way to that mission as a member of the Aces organization is an incredible honor.” Read more
Sign up for our newsletter and stay updated!
How are Ukrainian iGaming businesses dealing during the war?
The war in Ukraine has been ongoing for over 12 months now. Despite the Russian aggression, businesses are persevering and striving to maintain a stable economy.
Among these businesses are iGaming companies based in Ukraine, which have continued to operate and provide essential services. As part of a five-part roundtable series, several Ukrainian businesses were interviewed by SBC News to shed light on the reasons why investing in them remains a wise decision, despite the ongoing war. Learn more
Sky Sports and DAZN to broadcast all 74 games of 2023 IPL
Defending champions Gujarat Titans will play Chennai Super Kings in opening match this Friday at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
All of the games will be shown live by Sky Sports and DAZN.
It was expected that ITV will get the chance to stage 16 of the live games. However, rows over staging the final have seen the talks fail. Read more
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in STATSCORE. You can do it by filling out the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Katowice 40-012 at ul. Dworcowa 2 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).