European Premier League? Too many goals being scored due to COVID-19? Who are the best young players in the MLS? Here come the answers! It’s time for STATSCORE’s Betting Industry Review!
- Will the richest football clubs launch European Premier League?
- Are too many goals being scored nowadays?
- Does sports TV viewership fall due to pandemic?
- La Liga becomes first European league on Twitch
- Who is the best young player in MLS?
Will the richest football clubs launch European Premier League?
More than a dozen football clubs from England, Germany, Spain, Italy and France are negotiating the creation of a new European competition for the top teams, according to Sky News.
It has been reported that FIFA is involved in developing the new format, expected to comprise up to 18 teams. The competition could start as early as 2022 and would consist in a regular season followed by a playoff! Read more
Are too many goals being scored nowadays?
Football fans obviously love watching goals. But is it possible that we’ve been seeing too many of them recently?
Aston Villa’s spectacular 7-2 against Liverpool, Tottenham’s 6-1 victory over Manchester United, Bayern Munich’s 8-0 win against Schalke… Are we really seeing more goals than we used to? And if so, what could be the reasons behind it? Read more
Does sports TV viewership fall due to pandemic?
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit the world causing sporting events to be cancelled or postponed, millions of sports fans declared they miss the emotions. However, after the sports resumed in bubbles or empty stadiums, TV ratings in the US steeply declined.
It turns out that events such as the NBA Finals, Stanley Cup, MLB playoffs, and NFL games saw a big drop in TV ratings. What are the reasons behind this trend? Here’s some research!
La Liga becomes first European league on Twitch
Spanish top football competition has become the first major European sports property to launch an official Twitch account.
La Liga plans to share original shows hosted in English and Spanish, as well as interviews with the league’s players through the Amazon-owned global streaming platform. Read more
Who is the best young player in MLS?
MLS has announced its ’22 Under 22′ list, a fan-voted concept that recognises the top 22 players aged 22 or under for the whole season.
The idea was first introduced in 2013 to reward the young footballers who make an impact on their teams and the competition at the early stages of their careers. Who’s the best this year?
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).