German betting operator raided by police, Oakland Athletics looking to relocate to Vegas, and Street League Skateboarding online betting goes live – find out more in STATSCORE’s Review!
- Are Oakland Athletics moving to Las Vegas?
- German operator Tipster raided over illegal activities
- Five NFL players suspended for violating gambling policy
- Wrexham AFC heading back into the Football League
- Street League Skateboarding online betting goes live
Are Oakland Athletics moving to Las Vegas?
The A’s have signed an agreement to purchase land near the Las Vegas Strip, where they intend to construct a major league ballpark, team president Dave Kaval said.
Boost your baseball data coverage!
“For a while we were on parallel paths (with Oakland), but we have turned our attention to Las Vegas to get a deal here for the A’s and find a long-term home,” A’s President Dave Kaval told the Review-Journal on Wednesday. “Oakland has been a great home for us for over 50 years, but we really need this 20-year saga completed and we feel there’s a path here in Southern Nevada to do that.” Read more
German operator Tipster raided over illegal activities
According to Bild, German authorities have conducted a massive raid against MGA-licensed sports betting operator Tipster.
Police raids were carried out by police from the German regions of North Rhine-Westphalia, Bremen, Berlin, Saxony and Bavaria, and authorities in Malta and Croatia.
The investigation concerns alleged tax evasion, money laundering, and organized crime. Read more
Five NFL players suspended for violating gambling policy
Four Detroit Lions were among five players suspended by the NFL for violating the league’s gambling policy, the NFL announced.
Stanley Berryhill III, Jameson Williams, Quintez Cephus, C.J. Moore and Shaka Toney have all been suspended for gambling.
Detroit Lions wide receiver Quintez Cephus, Lions safety C.J. Moore and Washington Commanders defensive end Shaka Toney are sidelined for the entire 2023 season and may petition for reinstatement afterwards. Lions wide receivers Berryhill and Williams each received a six-game suspension. Read more
Wrexham AFC heading back into the Football League
The Welsh club returned to the English Football League in a comeback story that has captivated people across the globe.
Victory sparked scenes of celebration among Hollywood celebrities and fans around the globe. The club’s co-owner, Ryan Reynolds, paid tribute on social media to his beloved team: “Everything I own smells like champagne, beer and grass. I’m still somewhere between giggling and sobbing,” he said. “This town and this sport is one of the most romantic things on Earth. Thank you, Wrexham AFC.”
In November 2020, actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, through their RR McReynolds Company LLC, bought the club. The acquisition, followed by Welcome to Wrexham docuseries has led to the club acquiring a new global fanbase with no precedent for a team in the fifth division. Read more
Street League Skateboarding online betting goes live
Betting on SLS is now live in select US states, offered by bookmakers such as DraftKings and Betfred.
Founded by pro skateboarder Rob Dyrdek in 2010, Street League Skateboarding is an international skateboarding tournament series. The league has evolved to become a platform that serves to excite the skateboarding community, educate both avid and casual fans, and empower communities. Read more
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in STATSCORE. You can do it by filling out the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Katowice 40-012 at ul. Dworcowa 2 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).