Will the Champions League format change from 2024 on? When will Canada legalize single-event betting? And is Utah Jazz the best team in the NBA? Let’s check out the news with STATSCORE’s Betting Review!
- UEFA outlines Champions League format changes
- Canada moves closer to legalizing single-event betting
- TikTok becomes official UEFA EURO 2020 sponsor
- Utah Jazz’s winning run brought bettors lots of money
- Ireland’s sports organisations want betting ads during live games banned
UEFA outlines Champions League format changes
UEFA’s new Champions League project would start in 2024 and have 36 teams involved. The Premier League resists expansion plans.
The plans, coming into effect in 2024, would mean the number of Champions League games each season would go up from 125 to 225. There would be four additional group-stage rounds, and that part of the competition would run into January. Read more
Canada moves closer to legalizing single-event betting
Canada has got one step closer to legalizing single-event sports betting.
Bill C-218 passed overwhelmingly (303-15) in its second reading in the House of Commons, and will now enter into the last phase of hearings with the Justice Committee before moving to the senate and then to Governor-General for Royal Assent.
According to the Canadian Gaming Association, Canadians enjoy sports betting because they are wagering approximately $10 billion annually through
illegal bookmaking operations in Canada, usually operated by organized crime. Read more
TikTok becomes official UEFA EURO 2020 sponsor
TikTok is the first digital entertainment platform to partner with the EURO 2020, aiming to become a home for football fans to share their passion when the tournament gets underway.
Video-sharing social platform, which is one of the most downloaded apps in the world, allows its users to share their short-form video contents that can have a duration from three seconds to one minute.
Guy-Laurent Epstein, marketing director of UEFA, said: “We are delighted to welcome TikTok as a UEFA EURO partner, a company that has become one of the most talked-about digital entertainment platforms within the last year. Over the coming months, we are really looking forward to working closely with TikTok in order to provide fans globally with a unique and innovative UEFA EURO experience, which will give them the opportunity to connect and share their passion around one of the world’s premier sporting events.” Read more
Utah Jazz’s winning run brought bettors lots of money
For those who were betting on the Utah Jazz, the team’s winning streak has been a real money-making machine!
Utah’s nine-game winning streak came to an end with the loss against the Clippers, but they’re still winners of 20 of their last 22 games!
Jazz has had the best start in the franchise history, and went on a fantastic run against the point spread!
With a league-best 22-6 record, the Utah Jazz now sit atop nearly all NBA power rankings. Are they also the sportsbooks’ favourites to win their conference? Read more
Ireland’s sports organisations want betting ads during live games banned
Two of Ireland’s top sports bodies, the Gaelic Athletics Association (GAA) and Gaelic Players Association (GPA), want the government to implement new regulations targeting gambling advertisements.
Both organizations have already implemented independent bans on gambling sponsorship, and are now arguing for the introduction of legislation at a national level. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).