Sports betting is booming in Illinois. Will New York use it to boost its revenues? Learn more with STATSCORE’s fresh review!
- New York governor suggests betting can help the state raise revenue
- No local bubbles for NFL postseason
- MLB finally recognizes Negro Leagues stats
- Illinois sports betting market is booming
- Is this the most unpredictable season in Premier League history?
New York governor suggests betting can help the state raise revenue
“Are there other ways to get revenue? How about marijuana? How about sports betting?” – asked NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo in a televised briefing.
Did the governor suggest that the state could legalize online sports betting? It seems that he did. Cuomo was not asked directly about any legislation, but he mentioned sports betting as a potential source of revenue to help boost the state’s finances.
The battle for legalizing mobile sports betting has been going on for years in New York, while the neighbouring New Jersey has recently emerged as the leader in this field. Read more
No local bubbles for NFL postseason
The NFL has ruled out mandatory local bubbles during the postseason, according to a memo sent to franchises. The league will allow teams to house players in a hotel on a voluntary basis.
“This decision is based upon an analysis of the frequency of positive cases in the league compared to the risk of significant spread among players and staff gathered for an extensive period of time at one hotel,” the memo reads. The league’s authorities have also taken into account the mental health implications of isolating their personnel for weeks or even a month. Read more
MLB finally recognizes Negro Leagues stats
The Major League Baseball has officially reclassified Negro Leagues as a major league, “correcting a longtime oversight in the game’s history”. Will statistics for baseball greats be changed?
The statistics and records of about 3,400 players who played in Negro Leagues are going to join Major League Baseball’s books.
The Negro Leagues were launched due to racist practices that barred Black players from taking part in integrated competitions. They consisted of seven “major” professional leagues and many other competitions. The MLB will include records from the top seven Negro Leagues that operated between 1920 and 1948. Read more
Illinois sports betting market is booming
Illinois sports betting market is currently 4th largest in the US. Since March, Illinoisans have wagered over $941 million on sporting events.
In October, bettors made wagers totalling about $435 million, which marked a 43% jump in handle compared to September. Read more
Is this the most unpredictable season in Premier League history?
This season of the EPL reminds us that no result of a football game can be taken for granted.
Are we currently witnessing one of the most exciting seasons in the history of the Premier League? When you look at the standings, it certainly may look so! Who will ultimately benefit from it? Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).