Scared of Mondays? Don’t be! STATSCORE‘s fresh Betting Industry Review makes them so much better!
- FC Barcelona becomes first sports club with 10 million YouTube subscribers
- Scottish football becomes more eco-friendly
- NFL teams partner up with sportsbooks
- Rocky start for sports betting in D.C.
- Bundesliga welcomes back fans
FC Barcelona becomes first sports club with 10 million YouTube subscribers
FC Barcelona has become the first sports club in the world to exceed 10 million subscribers on the world’s most popular online video platform. Currently, there is only one more sports-related channel with a higher number of followers: the NBA with 14.7 million.
Barca’s traditional rival, Real Madrid, has 5.92 million followers on YouTube, which gives it second place in the world among sports clubs. The two La Liga clubs are followed by Flamengo (5.6 million), and Liverpool (5 million).
Barcelona was one of the first clubs to launch an official YouTube channel, the club started the account in February 2006. Read more
Scottish football becomes more eco-friendly
The Scottish FA and Zero Waste Scotland have come together to provide free environmental support to football clubs in the country.
The clubs will receive guidance, which will be a financial lifeline for them while at the same time allowing them to become more eco-friendly, thanks to the reduction of operational carbon emissions. The guidance will help clubs identify ways of reducing energy, recycling, water and waste management costs.
Thanks to funding from Scottish Government, the environmental benefits from the work of Zero Waste Scotland are clear to see. This guidance will not only support the Scottish football family, but also play a small part in the bigger goal of protecting our planet – said Scottish FA Chief Executive Ian Maxwell. Read more
NFL teams partner up with sportsbooks
BetMGM has become Las Vegas Raiders’ official betting partner for the 2020 NFL campaign.
It’s the third deal between BetMGM and an NFL team. The sportsbook had previously announced agreements with the Denver Broncos and Detroit Lions.
Other partnerships include the Philadelphia Eagles’ deal with FOX Bet and the New York Giants’ deal with DraftKings. Read more
Rocky start for sports betting in D.C.
Sports betting is District Columbia has had to deal with lots of problems since it was legalized in 2018 – from the coronavirus outbreak to legal challenges, to flaws in the city-operated betting app.
The reasons behind the underperformance of the app, which was expected to generate the vast majority of the city’s overall betting income, include cancellation of numerous sports events due to the coronavirus pandemic; financial institutions declining to process online wagers; and confusion about geographic restrictions for legal betting. Read more
Bundesliga welcomes back fans
Tens of thousands of German football fans will be allowed to return to Bundesliga stadiums amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
There will be numerous restrictions (no away team fans allowed, no alcohol, no standing), but fans will be allowed back in stadiums in Germany. What about other major European leagues? Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).