Does COVID-19 influence sports stats? Are betting businesses prepared for another lockdown? Find out the answers with STATSCORE’s fresh Betting Industry Review!
- Can pandemic influence NFL scores? Turns out they’re higher than ever!
- Are sportsbooks ready for another lockdown?
- Amid COVID-19 confusion, Serie A awards Juventus 3-0 win over Napoli
- Biden more likely to beat Trump than ever, say American bookmakers
- Lakers 17th NBA title ties Boston Celtics record
Can pandemic influence NFL scores? Turns out they’re higher than ever!
The 2020 NFL season is taking place in a highly unusual and uncertain situation. Empty stadiums, restructured schedules, and virus outbreaks… – could they be the reason why the scoring is so high?
The season’s opening four weeks have seen an unprecedented level of points being scored. The average combined score of an NFL game (through four weeks of this season) is 51.3 points, an increase of 16% in comparison to the same period a year ago. So what’s behind the numbers? Read more
Are sportsbooks ready for another lockdown?
The number of COVID-19 cases is rapidly growing around the world and many countries react with new restrictions and lockdown rules.
What happens if live sports are cancelled again? Is the industry ready for such a scenario? Have we learnt any lessons from the first lockdown? Read more
Amid COVID-19 confusion, Serie A awards Juventus 3-0 win over Napoli
Napoli have been handed a 3-0 defeat and had one point deducted for refusing to play their Serie A game away against Juventus earlier this month. The situation sparked controversy related to procedures related to COVID-19.
The visitors were blocked by travelling to Turin for the match by local health authorities due to positive COVID-19 cases. The league decided that Napoli technically had at least 13 players available for the game, so according to the league’s protocol, they should have taken part in the match. Read more
Biden more likely to beat Trump than ever, say American bookmakers
Former vice-president’s chances of winning the presidential election have never been better, according to oddsmakers.
Joe Biden currently has a 74% chance of winning the election, while Trump’s odds to win another term have an implied probability of 33%, according to Betfair.
Trump’s worsening chances are related to his recent COVID-19 diagnosis and the controversy surrounding the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court justice.
Lakers 17th NBA title ties Boston Celtics record
The Los Angeles Lakers are the NBA champions once again after having defeated the Miami Heat in Game 6 of the NBA Finals.
It’s the 17th championship title for the franchise (12 won as the L.A. Lakers and 5 as the Minneapolis Lakers), which ties them with the Boston Celtics for the highest number of titles in the history of the league. It’s also the 4th title for LeBron James in his 10th Finals. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).