Is Michigan sports betting ready to take off? Will the Olympic Games be postponed again? Can footballers avoid celebrating goals? Let’s find the answers with STATSCORE‘s fresh Review!
- Michigan sports betting ready to take off
- FC Barcelona with a record number of social interactions
- Can players be stopped from celebrating goals to avoid contagion?
- NHL entered 2021 season – how will the pandemic affect it?
- Will the Olympic Games be postponed again?
Michigan sports betting ready to take off
Legal online sports betting is close to launching in the state of Michigan.
In-person wagering in the state started on March 11, 2020. Now it’s time for online gaming and betting, which are expected to start this month!
“We’re very close,” said Michigan Gaming Control Board executive director Richard Kalm. “I wish I could give an exact day and time, but each day that changes. We’re gathering information daily.” Read more
FC Barcelona with a record number of social interactions
Barça has broken the record of social interactions for the sixth successive year.
The club was involved in 1.6 billion social media interactions throughout the year of 2020 – over 0.2 billion more than Liverpool FC (1.4 bn), which is the second club in the classification.
Who’s next in that ranking? Manchester United (1.4 bn), Real Madrid (1 bn) and Juventus FC (796 m). Read more
Can players be stopped from celebrating goals to avoid contagion?
Premier League footballers have been told that “handshakes, high fives and hugs must be avoided”. This proves to be really difficult for them when they’re celebrating goals…
The league expects players and staff to avoid “unnecessary contact”, because of the risk of contracting COVID-19. Read more
NHL entered 2021 season – how will the pandemic affect it?
A 56-game regular season started on January 13 and will go on until May 8. What are the rule changes for this campaign?
The regular season has been shortened to 56 games. All teams will play only divisional opponents during the regular season, and the divisions were realigned (all Canadian teams play in the same division). The league has also decided to implement some big rule changes. Read more
Will the Olympic Games be postponed again?
Organizers postponed the Tokyo Games for one year last March. Will they have to be postponed again?
The ongoing surge of COVID-19 cases across areas of Japan has reignited speculation about the Olympic Games, which are scheduled to open in Tokyo in just over six months’ time. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).