Sports betting in New York State goes mobile, while Premier League is allowed to renew current broadcast rights agreements. Here’s the fresh STATSCORE’s Review!
- New York selects nine mobile sports betting operators
- Premier League allowed to renew current broadcast deals
- Man City and Real Sociedad hold the most sustainable squads
- Crowds are back to NFL venues, but… home-advantage isn’t!
- Americans are looking for sports content, instead of politics
New York selects nine mobile sports betting operators
DraftKings, Resorts World, FanDuel have been included among the operators officially approved by New York state regulators for sports betting licenses.
The operators’ betting revenue would be taxed at 51%, which is one of the highest in states that legalized betting. New York’s online wagering market is expected to hit $1 billion in annual revenue. Read more
Premier League allowed to renew current broadcast deals
The British Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) will allow the top-tier English football league to renew its current UK broadcast agreements, without the mandatory obligation to undertake a tender process for TV rights.
In view of the disruption and financial consequences caused by the pandemic, the British government has decided to allow the league not to conduct the usual tender process. The authorities have also decided that the EPL will pay at least £1.6 billion of funding to the football pyramid, supporting the sport through the pandemic. Read more
Man City and Real Sociedad hold the most sustainable squads
The index developed by the CIES Football Observatory highlights teams built to last by combining players’ age (the younger, the better), average stay in the first team squad (the longer, the better) and contract duration (the longer, the better).
According to the data presented in the recent report, in the Big 5 European leagues (Premier League, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1), Manchester City and Real Sociedad currently hold the most sustainable squads. Read more
Crowds are back to NFL venues, but… home-advantage isn’t!
The 2020 NFL season was difficult for NFL fans who were mostly kept out of the venues. Without them in the stadiums, the home advantage was gone too.
Last season, road teams won more than home teams for the very first time since the AFL-NFL merger, which took place more than 50 years ago! In 2021, crowds are back — but, as it turns out,… the home advantage isn’t. Why is that? Read more
Americans are looking for sports content, instead of politics
According to a new report from Taboola, an online content recommendation company, US citizens are increasingly looking for sports news, while politics and hard news are moved to the back burner of the conversation.
This new trend constitutes a huge shift from a year ago, when most of the top stories in the U.S. were about hot-button political topics. “NFL”, “football”, “ESPN” and names of cities with sports teams are now among the most popular searches. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).