Sports betting soars in the US on Super Bowl Sunday, fan tokens arrive in Formula 1 and 2021 MLB forecasts are here! Let’s check out STATSCORE‘s fresh Betting Industry Review!
- Betting on Super Bowl soared across the US
- Crypto fan tokens heading to Formula 1
- COVID-19 transmission from sharing sports equipment presents “low risk”
- STATSCORE becomes official data provider for two more football leagues
- How will the 2021 MLB season unfold? Here come the PECOTA projections
- Is Tom Brady American football’s GOAT?
Betting on Super Bowl soared across the US
Since the previous edition of Super Bowl, sports betting has become legal in numerous states across the US. And even though Super Bowl LV’s TV audience declined, the amount of money wagered on the game skyrocketed.
For example, New Jersey residents wagered $117.4 million on the game, more than double from a year ago.
There were some problems too – as the demand surged, some betting sites faced outages. Read more
Crypto fan tokens heading to Formula 1
Fan tokens have been successfully implemented by some of the world’s top football clubs, including FC Barcelona, PSG, AS Roma, and Juventus. Now, Formula 1 follows suit!
Fan tokens have helped numerous football clubs to increase fan engagement while generating considerable revenues. Now, other sports organizations are getting involved, including Formula 1 teams.
“We started with football teams, and then we started to go into Esports, cricket, and UFC – and now we are heading to Formula 1,” Alex Dreyfus, CEO of the Socios.com platform, told Autosport. Read more
COVID-19 transmission from sharing sports equipment presents “low risk”
It “seems unlikely” that sports balls and accessories are a major cause for transmission, according to a study led by Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
The risk of catching the virus from shared sports equipment or accessories, such as balls or cricket gloves, is unlikely, research suggests. The study found that “close contact” between athletes is likely to be a more important mode of spreading the virus than sharing equipment. Read more
STATSCORE becomes official data provider for two more football leagues
STATSCORE, world’s top sports data center has been named the official data provider of Poland’s top-flight Women’s Ekstraliga and the men’s third division 2. Liga.
The two competitions will join other top sports leagues, such as Polish 1. Liga, for which STATSCORE has already been delivering official sports statistics and data.
Paweł Guminiak, Chairman of the 2. Liga, said: “We know how important the analysis and statistics are nowadays, and how well they attract the attention of football fans. We can say that they have become a crucial, or even indispensable, feature of this sport”. Read more
How will the 2021 MLB season unfold? Here come the PECOTA projections
With spring training starting soon in the MLB, what are the forecasts for the upcoming season?
PECOTA, or Baseball Prospectus’ player projection system, is here to predict the records of teams and how they will finish in their respective divisions.
Yankees, Twins, Astros, and Mets are projected to lead the standings. Read more
Is Tom Brady American football’s GOAT?
Tom Brady won his seventh Super Bowl, which means he has more victories than… any NFL franchise! Is he the best player of all time?
Brady is currently the league’s all-time leader in QB wins, touchdown passes, championships won and Super Bowl MVPs. Let’s take a look at some of the amazing stats! Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).