The coronavirus crisis is still raging and it’s posing huge challenges for the world of sports and betting. Stay updated with STATSCORE‘s fresh review!
No sport? Esports is booming!
When there’s no ‘real’ sport, esports is having its moment, as people tune in to everything from Counter-Strike to League of Legends.
No sports to watch or bet on? There are of course some exceptions, with esports among the biggest winners of this unusual situation.
According to the Time magazine, viewership on Twitch, the go-to site for game streamers, was up 31% in March. Read more
As coronavirus hits sports, bettors look for new opportunities
Table tennis, marbles and the Swedish trotting? Gamblers all over the world are on the search for new things to wager on.
With the most popular sports suspended all over the world, bettors are turning their focus to some previously underappreciated disciplines. Read more
Could the NHL hold games at neutral sites?
Could the NHL hold a playoff tournament in a neutral site? The league is receiving pitches from different cities and venues.
Grand Forks, North Dakota; Manchester, New Hampshire; and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan are among the cities where the NHL could finish out the regular season and hold a playoff tournament. Read more
The NHL declares that it would be willing to play games behind closed doors at neutral sites to make it possible to complete the season, which had been paused on March 12 due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus outbreak.
“I’d say it’s one possibility, for sure, and it’s something that has been considered and something that has been discussed,” Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said. “It’s not our preferred result or outcome.” Read more
NBA is considering a 25-day return-to-basketball plan!
There have been many plans made about how the NBA season could resume.
According to Brian Windhorst, ESPN NBA Reporter, the league is currently looking at a 25-day return to basketball window: “An 11-day series of individual workouts, where there’d be social distancing for a period of time, and then hopefully, if the clearance comes that they can play five-on-five basketball, a 14-day training camp.” Read more
Will Serie A come back?
Is it possible for Serie A to recommence the season in May? Turns out that some plans are being made!
The Italian government suspended all sporting events in the country indefinitely as part of its measures to address the coronavirus pandemic.
Opinions are divided among Italian players, club owners, fans and managers as to whether it would be a good idea to continue the season. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).