The world of sports has been mourning the death of Queen Elizabeth, the NFL took off, a new partnership between Manchester City FC, and business expansion of Kambi and Cazoo. All of that topics are here, in the brand new STATSCORE’s Betting Industry Review!
- Changes in sporting fixturws as a result of mourning the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The NFL has just started. Read the most curious news.
- LeoVegas signed a partnership with Machester City FC.
- Kambi acquires Shape Games for initial €38.5m
- The trouble with sponsorship deals after Cazoo withdrew from Europe.
Changes in sporting events as a result of mourning the death of Queen Elizabeth II
The sports world reacted to the devastating news of the Queen’s death with respect. Along with the immediate tribute and mourning, there have been made decisions to cancel or postpone sports events in the upcoming days. Here are some updates on this topic.
The NFL has just started. Read the most curious news
The most profitable sports league in the world just has its premiere of the 103rd season. TV broadcasters and internet media were trying to outdo each other in pre-season analyzes and predictions. Sometimes it’s hard to dig through numerous articles and not everyone will have time to read all the information. Especially for you, STATSCORE prepared the essentials you need to know at the start of the NFL. You will find them in the links below.
🏈 50 fun facts about the league as the season begins.
🏈 2022 NFL predictions based on 50000 simulations using Elo ratings, in real-time, updated after every game.
🏈 Impact of Twitter on betting on NFL in 2022.
🏈 …and if you’re still insatiable, check out more NFL pre-season info here.
LeoVegas signed a partnership with Machester City FC
Manchester City has acquired a new bookmaking partner. It is LeoVegas and the cooperation will cover Europe and Canada. The subject of cooperation will be, among others, the presence of a new sponsor on the training equipment of male and female teams and on stadiums belonging to Manchester City, including Etihad.
In addition to the clear promotional benefits, there are a few more non-obvious aspects that you will learn more about in the original article.
Kambi acquires Shape Games for an initial €38.5m.
The companies have reached an agreement with further financial benefits, depending on the results, which could reach as much as EUR 78.1 million.
Shape Games is a technology company providing services and infrastructure for the gaming industry. Its capabilities will be a valuable extension of the Kambi services.
Big trouble with sponsorship deals after Cazoo withdrew from Europe
Through focusing on the UK market, online car retail company, Cazoo, made a decision to shut down its business in Europe. Bearing in mind the fact, that there are a lot of sports sponsorships connected with the European clubs, unrest has arisen.
SportBusiness tries to figure out what comes with these decisions.
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling out the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Katowice 40-012 at ul. Dworcowa 2 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).