Sports betting embraced in Nigeria, Saudi Arabian consortium takeover of Newcastle United, and the comeback of the NHL – here’s the fresh Review!
- Sports betting is gaining traction in Nigeria
- Saudi Arabian consortium takes over Newcastle United
- Bally’s Corporation finalizes merger with Gamesys Group
- Premier League managers call on their players to get vaccinated
- NHL is back. Who are the favourites to win it?
Sports betting is gaining traction in Nigeria
Sports betting is being embraced by millions of Nigerians who can easily access it both online and offline.
The increasing rate at which sports betting companies emerge in the country clearly indicates that sports betting and gambling are fast becoming an acceptable norm among Nigerians despite being detested in the past. Read more
Saudi Arabian consortium takes over Newcastle United
English Premier League club has been sold to a three-party consortium, which includes the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund (PIF), venture capital and private equity company PCP Capital Partners, and RB Sports and Media.
The controversial takeover has been confirmed in an official statement from the Premier League. “Following the completion of the Premier League’s Owners’ and Directors’ Test, the club has been sold to the consortium with immediate effect,” said the statement. Read more
Bally’s Corporation Finalizes Merger with Gamesys Group
Bally’s Corporation has completed its previously announced combination with Gamesys Group plc, a UK-based leading, global, online gaming operator.
Under the deal, Bally’s agreed to pay approximately $2.7 billion to Gamesys Group. This represents approximately $25 per company share in cash. Read more
Premier League managers call on their players to get vaccinated
It is not clear how many footballers of the English Premier League have taken a Covid-19 vaccine.
Premier League managers have previously called on their players to get immunised, including Pep Guardiola, Mikel Arteta, Nuno Espirito Santo, Steve Bruce and Graham Potter.
The manager of England’s national team Gareth Southgate has also reiterated his support for vaccination.
NHL is back. Who are the favourites to win it?
The NHL returns to action on October 12 for the 105th season in its history. The league has expanded to 32 teams with the addition of the Seattle Kraken.
The defending back-to-back Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning will host the Pittsburgh Penguins on the opening day of the new season.
Meanwhile, experts have been trying to predict the possible outcomes of this fresh campaign. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).