What an emotional weekend this was – and not just for sports fans! Let’s sum it up with STATSCORE‘s fresh Betting Industry Review!
- Maryland, Louisiana, and South Dakota voters said yes to sports betting
- Will major sports events in 2021 be cancelled due to COVID-19?
- New NBA season to start on December 22
- Bookmakers correctly predicted Biden to win the election
- How much money did it take for the Dodgers to win the championship?
Maryland, Louisiana, and South Dakota voters said yes to sports betting
American citizens were electing their president, but in three states they were also expressing their views on the legalization of sports betting.
Maryland passed the measure with over 66% of voters saying yes to legal sports betting. In South Dakota 58% of the voters expressed their support for such a solution. In Louisiana, residents voted on the proposition by each parish – 55 of 64 parishes voted to allow legal betting. Read more
Will major sports events in 2021 be cancelled due to COVID-19?
Will the Tokyo Olympic Games be held without spectators? What about EURO 2021? Sports fans fear that the most important sports events will be cancelled, postponed or played behind closed doors due to the pandemic.
Welsh football fans have already been warned no to book their travel for EURO 2021 games. –Unless there’s a vaccine to cure this virus, I can’t see how the tournament can be held in 12 different countries, said Paul Corkery, from the Football Supporters Association Cymru.
Other major international sports events planned for 2021 include golf’s Ryder Cup and a British Lions rugby tour. Read more
New NBA season to start on December 22
Have you already started to miss the NBA? Don’t worry, the new season is right behind the corner!
The NBPA has officially approved the plan to begin the new season on December 22, which will make it the fastest turnaround between two seasons of the four major US sports leagues! This time, each team will play 72 games, instead of the traditional 82 matches. What exactly will the season look like? Read more
Bookmakers correctly predicted Biden to win the election
It was an extremely emotional weekend in America. Finally, however, it turned out that sports-betting websites predicted the outcome of the election. In fact, they did better than the pollsters!
It turns out that when predicting political events, it’s more rational to check what bookmakers have to say than to trust politics pundits! Learn more
How much money did it take for the Dodgers to win the championship?
Since 2012 Los Angeles Dodgers have spent more money on payroll than all but one MLB team and kept building the strongest farm system in the league.
The franchise had also hired one of the largest analytics staff in sports and went star-hunting in the trade market. Then it finally won the World Series. Read more
Sign up for our weekly BETTING INDUSTRY REVIEW to stay updated with the latest trends and key developments in the world of sports data and betting. You can do it by filling the form below.
PROCESSING OF THE DATA
Pursuant to Article 13.1–13.2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), we would like to inform you as follows:
1) STATSCORE Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-972 at ul. A. Branickiego 11/32 is the controller of your personal data.
2) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the product trial process – in accordance with Article 6.1(a)–(b) of the GDPR.
3) Furnishing the personal data requested by STATSCORE about yourself is voluntary.
4) Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the Product development term but for no less than the retention period required under the law.
5) Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling.
6) You have the right to access the personal data held about you and to have your data rectified or erased or to restrict or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. If your personal data is processed under Article 6.1(a) of the GDPR (i.e. processed on the basis of the consent you have given to the processing), you may withdraw your consent at any time without any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out before your consent was withdrawn.
7) You may lodge a complaint in respect of the processing of the above data to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (PUODO).