The dust has settled, the emotions are fading and the biggest game in America has ended. Our latest Super Bowl winners are the New England Patriots!
Super Bowl LIII wasn’t the prettiest, but it doesn’t mean that there’s nothing to write about. Here are 5 facts from the game, that you have to take note of:
- Bill Belichick (66 years old) became the oldest head coach in NFL history to win a Super Bowl. The previous record was held by Tom Coughlin, who coached the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLVI, he did it at the age of 65.
- Johnny Hekker broke the Super Bowl record for the longest punt (65 yards). He surpassed Ryan Allen’s (his rival in the 53rd Super Bowl) record by 1 yard.
- Super Bowl LIII was the first one ever, that didn’t have any touchdown scored in the first 3 full quarters of play. It was also the lowest scoring Super Bowl ever, beating the previous record of 14-7 held by Super Bowl VII.
- Tom Brady has now became the most successful player in NFL history. With 6 Super Bowl rings, he has surpassed Charles Haley, who won the championship 5 times. Brady (41 years old) also become the oldest Quarterback to play in a Super Bowl and the oldest one to win it.
- The Patriots won their sixth Super Bowl, tying them with the Pittsburgh Steelers for the most Super Bowl championships won.
Experience more: See full stats from Super Bowl LIII
If you want to get in touch to find out more, just contact our Customer Success Team at email@example.com or use the LiveChat service on our website.